Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Whorrification of Hannah Montana

I wish there was something else I could rant about, but it's a slow news day and everyone else has decided to take up the McCrystal story (hat's off to the guy, btw. I wish I had balls that big.) And so, I take it upon myself, along with Hack Wilson, to discuss the skankification of someone who used to be, in my eyes, a good role model for teenage girls.

I, being a man in my late twenties, was in no way interested in the television show Hannah Montana when it first aired. I still am not. However, I did see the movie at the behest of my fiance, and after I saw it, I was able to come to the conclusion that, yes, the Hannah Montana character did in fact push a decent message for young girls of that age group.

Unfortunately my approval was not to last. I was at first skeptical when my mother first told me of stories about the teen star dating men twice her age and her father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, approving of it. But when she showed me the article and pictures, there wasn't much I could do to deny what I saw right in front of my face.

Now, after watching last night's O'Reilly Factor, I am fully convinced that my daughters, whenever they are born, will have nothing to do with this degenerate insult to femininity everywhere. Her justification is, apparently, wanting to emulate Lady Gaga, who is plenty "gaga' alright, but is no lady.

The culture war continues to rage, boys and girls, and Miley Cyrus's positive message about self reliance and following your dreams is but the latest casualty. As Bob Marley once sang: "How long can they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look?" When, in other words, will we do something to stop the constant inner decay of the morals of this country and finally clean up the mess left behind by the Sexual Revolution and the counter culture of the sixties? WHEN!?

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully though whenever it is that we do have kids, we can at least show them the movie...I did like the movie and thought it did have a positive message for children and or teens. After all there are a lot worse "role models" out there than Miley Cyrus.... Megan fox comes to mind for some reason.

    ReplyDelete