Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Red? Blue? No! What Color is Tea Again?

I'm 24 hours late in bringing this to the blog, but I still feel the need to say something. A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE won the Nevada Primary and will now slug it out with Prince Harry Reid in November...WTF?! I thought third parties only split the votes and made it easier for the liberals to win! This is momentous! Even if she doesn't beat Harry, it's still sending a message to Washington that we'd rather see a complete unknown go in than either a Democrat OR a Republican. Now, I know this isn't the end of the fight, but still, I'm filled with hope for my home state for the first time in two years. What would it mean if Sharon Angle, the Tea Party candidate who beat down Danny Tarkanian (I think that's how you spell it),actually beat Harry Reid? Or even came close for that matter? Well, let's look at that.

Nowhere in history can you find a place where a third party ever beat both establishments, except maybe for the election of Jessie "The Body" Ventura on the libertarian ticket a while back, who turned out to be little more than a one term wonder. Even Teddy Roosevelt, the most popular president in our history, couldn't win on a third party ticket. Yet here comes Ms. Angle, out of nowhere, completely smashing the conventional wisdom to bits and snagging the nomination.

As a native Nevadan, I can tell you that I would have voted for her as well, if her record is as accurate as I'm told it is. Seeing that she's won tells me a couple of things about the mood of that state.

1. They are fed up. Fed up with both the dems and the repubs. I'm willing to bet that the democrats who voted for Harry Reid only did so because they had to per the rules of the primary.

2. They aren't falling for the RINO ploy anymore. The liberal republican who was trying for the nomination flat out lost. Tarkanian came in second, and Angle won. Again, this does not bode well for either party in Nevada.

Now, I can just hear the liberal left going nuts over this: "The TEA party will never beat Harry Reid, she'd too unknown" Blah blah blah. Yeah, they said the same thing about Harry Truman being unable to defeat Thomas Dewey in the 40's. He won. Nuff said.

Here's to ya, Nevada, hoping to bring forth the first wave of real Hope and Change in the coming November landslides.

Continuing to Fight the Good Fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment