Friday, March 12, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes

It was one year ago that conservatives finally realized that they were not alone in this country. One year ago, the left's favorite anurism inducing commentator, Glenn Beck, called on Americans to send in photographs of themselves to remind each of them that they were not, in fact, alone in their beliefs about this great country called America. From those photos, Glenn was able to produce the now famous image of a flag being held by a hand and the words "We The People" prominent at the bottom center of the mural.


Did I mention that each viewer only sent in one photo? That's right. One photo. Millions of those singular photos are what make up that now famous image.

In the last year, it's been absolutely amazing. Since Beck made that plea, the 9/12 project has been growing faster than a kudzu vine. Last I knew it was 600,000 strong and growing. How do I know this? Because I'm one of them. I joined the 9/12 project because, like many God-fearing conservatives, felt completely alone and powerless to stop what was happening to the country that I love.

Before 9/11, I was one of the many who were not aware of what was truly going on. I was aware that a black man, for the second time in our history, was running for president. The difference that allowed me to take notice was that Barack Obama, as opposed to the Reverend, might actually win. Once I realized that he had a chance, I started paying attention to him. I went to his website, fightthesmears.com, and watched and read each entry on the site to give myself a balance of information between the conservative point of view vs. the liberal.

Then the allegations began to erupt about his Marxist ties and other such things that have become more and more true each and every day since he landed the nomination, and in some cases before. My first thought when I realized what was happening was...what do I do?

Then I started watching Beck. I heard about the 9/12 project courtesy of that show and my fiancee. I joined up immediately and perused the message boards and video clips. I was amazed. This came about because people were sick and tired of the massive government spending and entitlement programs that were blossoming from this bloated, overbearing federal government that we the people allowed to come into being.

From the 9/12 project sprung the TEA party movement, which I also support wholeheartedly. I remember the 9/12 march on Washington back in 09, and being filled with pride at seeing over one million people swarm capitol hill with signs and banners protesting the blatant confiscation of our rights and civil liberties.

Here's to another year!

Continuing to fight the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment