Sunday, January 9, 2011

First they Came for the Firearms...

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming. Not even a day after the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, the gun-grabbers are already trying to use it as justification for taking away our God-given second Amendment rights. Carolyn McCarthy, a long time advocate of gun control, has unveiled new, draconian legislation that, if passed would (she says) protect people. How? I don't know. She hasn't offered any details. This, more than being told what's in the bill, scares me. Let's set aside the fact that she's capitalizing on a tragedy to further an agenda. Let's set aside the fact that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun (or training only the likes of Chuck Norris have).

McCarthy wants to pass a law that makes it harder for people with mental instabilities to own weapons. Nothing too frightening about that idea, right? However, the next line in the article is what caught my eye. "No one should be allowed to own stockpiles of ammunition such as were owned by the 22 year old gunman." What? No one should be able to own ammunition? Does no one else see how ripe for abuse this idea is? If someone starts trying to tell people how much ammunition they can own, that means only one thing: That they will know exactly how much ammunition is out there. That's the only reason to do something like this.


My previous post went on and on about how we needed to stop capitalizing on this tragedy. When I see something like this it makes my blood boil.

2 comments:

  1. I'm ticked at the Left for capitalizing on this. Gun laws only hurt the law-abiding gun owners. The Left is really revealing how much a bunch of whack jobs they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guns don't kill people, people do. After guns are banned, the next thing will be knives, then sticks and stones. They can be weapons too, you just have to get a little closer to use them.

    Guns are a tool just like my hammer or my table saw. I could use either one of those tools to kill someone too. Are they going to be the next thing on the "banned list"?

    ReplyDelete