Sunday, February 21, 2010

We're not Just Going to Shoot the Bastards. We're Going to rip out Their Living guts, and use Them to Grease the Treads of our Tanks.

The above is a quote from actor George C. Scott, portraying one of my personal favorite military generals, General George S. Patton, who helped lead the Allies to victory in World War II.

I just recently (today, in fact) had the pleasure of watching the movie Patton with my fiance and mother-in-law-to-be. I've seen only a scant few WWII movies to date, but I can already tell you that Patton is one of my favorites. A very accurate portrayal of the firebrand general at his best and his worst, the movie highlights both his successes and his failures.

Of all, though, the most fun I got out of the movie was watching his introductory speech to the 3rd army that is given just as the movie starts. If only our Commissar-in-Chief had as much backbone as Patton had, we'd have already won in Afghanistan AND Iraq, instead of just Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment