Saturday, December 18, 2010

Be it Ever so Humble...

As long as I can remember, I've spent nearly every Christmas I've ever experienced in Nevada. My Grandparents have been hosting Christmas for my parents, my sister, and me since we were kids. A few times we've had to break tradition and stay home, but we'd always had some way of including them in the Christmas celebration. Be it through a phone call, an email, something.

That being said, my grandmother was diagnosed with late onset breast cancer a few months ago. She's going through Chemotherapy and radiation to stave it off, and it appears to be working. It helps that she's been something of a health nut all her life and regularly exercised and took care of herself, so the prognosis looks good. However, it also reminds me that she won't be around forever. As much as that pains me, I can't bring myself to look toward that bleak future where I won't have my grandmother to visit in December.

I was looking for a vid to post in conjunction with my new holiday theme when I remembered one of my favorite Christmas tunes, sung by Perry Como. I'll let the music speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment