Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is Red the new Blue? Scott Brown and Massachussetts seems to think so

I can never tell if I'm spelling the name of that state correctly. I don't have to write about it very often, so I've never really thought about it. But anyway, that's not what this post is about.

As we all know from hours of election coverage, the People's Republic of Massachussetts has seen the light, or so it appears, and has elected someone who could very well finally put the zombie that is healthcare reform back into the grave for good and all. I personally was energized by this campaign, and I don't even live on that COAST much less the state. Still, I as many before me, realized that this election would speak volumes about what the people were feeling. If the Smurf States that make up New England are starting to turn red, it could be because they're all blushing with shame, or it could be because they're seeing red and are sorely pissed.

Either outcome is fine with me. A little shame would do them good, I think, since they helped put the Commissar-in-Chief into office in the first place.

Scott Brown talks a good game, we all must admit. But now the real test begins. even as I write this I am shaking with anticipation, but also trepidation. Will Brown keep his word and be the 41st vote, as he promised? Or will the machine crush his spirit like it has so many others? I personally hope for the former.

For the first time since the election, though, I can honestly say that victory is in sight for the people of this nation, because quite simply, we were too loud for them to ignore. Oh, they'll pretend they didn't hear us, of course, but then we'll jut get louder. If this seismic event that happened in the Bay State didn't wake them up, November will. And if November by some chance does not, 2012 will.

We WILL take this country back, and we'll pry it from the Progressive's cold dead hands if need be!

No comments:

Post a Comment