Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My sad Attempt at Imitating Winston Churchill

So, we are at the home stretch, looking directly at the finish line for one of the most interesting and stressful years to date. We've seen a lot happen (and not happen) in the course of the New Millenium thus far, but this year, 2009, so far takes the cake in my opinion.

1. Our first black President was inaugurated in Washington D.C., something that many of the older generations thought would never happen in this country.

2. A world away, in the Middle East, hundreds of thousands of Iranian protestors took to the streets to demand a recount of Mahmoud Amidenijahd's "re-election".

3. A grass roots movement not seen since the 1960's arose to protest the bloated, overreaching federal government and stand up for liberty.

And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

As for the bad stuff, I can't name it all here. Not enough room in the posting window. I can, however, say a few words about the future of this country and how optimistic I feel that we the people can once again live our own lives without fear of government regulations interfering.

This year was critical in many ways, yet we are not done yet. We have accomplished much, but there is still much to do. I am, of course, speaking of the mid-term elections that will come in November 2010. These are the most critical elections I can think of in recent memory. It is our chance, as the true rulers of this nation, to take back that which is ours and redeem ourselves for allowing our politicians to run rampant with our money and shred the Constitution. We can hold them accountable, and we must.

There are those, of course, who do not want us to speak. There are those of us who would rather shout "the debate is over" and then stifle anyone who dares suggest that it is not. I say we fight. I say we work to undermine the scare tactics and shady backroom deals that were so much a part of this last year because they wouldn't be using such heavy handed tactics if what we were doing wasn't threatening the status quo.

One great man, a man who knew how to win against tyrranical evils, gives the inspirational words needed as we head into this new year, and a new set of battles to fight and win.

(paraphrased and adapted for 2009)

We shall go on to the end, we shall speak in Suburbia, we shall speak on the ballots and in the voting booths, we shall speak with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Constitution, whatever the cost may be, we shall speak on the blogosphere, we shall speak on the airwaves, we shall speak in the fields and in the streets, we shall speak in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this country or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our people among the fields, armed and guarded by the Grace of God, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, Middle America, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the land.

With apologies to Prime Minister Churchill, I have to say that the above, reworded by me, does fit the attitude I see among Middle America from all corners of the country.

Simply put, we are at war, and the battle lines have been drawn. This, however, is not a war of bullets and bombs, but a war of words and ideas. A war that we cannot rely on our soldiers to fight. We must fight ourselves. WE must take the oath that so many soldiers and statesmen take when they place their hands on the Bible. We cannot allow for another minute the kind of corruption that exists in the state department to go on any longer. We must do the opposite of what our Senators and Representatives have done, and KEEP that oath once we take it.

This is how I take and keep my oath, by spreading the word. Getting messages out there when I hear about them. Whether it helps, I have no idea, but it's what I can do at the moment until more resources become available to me.

Fight on, brave Patriots. We can win this.

No comments:

Post a Comment