Friday, October 9, 2009

Funny, I thought the Nobel committee gave the Peace Prize to people that DID something for World Peace...

So I just heard that the Nobel committee of Switzerland has just decided to turn their once-prestigious award into a joke worthy of the Purple Heart medal. President Barack Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for doing...nothing. I have yet to see ANY work toward world peace that President Obama has achieved in his nine months in office.

There have been many worthy recipients of the award, don't get me wrong, but this is an absolute slap in the face to anyone who ever actually DID SOMETHING to make the world a peaceful place to live. Take Nelson Mandella. He won the award for his efforts in Africa. I agree with that. Even Jimmy Carter, who did nothing as president, deserved the award for his Habitat for Humanity project.

But President Obama? Will someone PLEASE tell me what he has done to deserve what I once believed was one of the most prestigious awards in the world? Given what he's done, any Joe Schmoe can win the prize now just for being able to read a teleprompter. All he did was give a SPEECH! That's it! Oh, he's tried to engage the Muslim world through those speeches that he's given, but he didn't succeed much, or I would argue, at all. Not only that, but because the RNC has decided to ask just that very question (what has the president done to deserve this award?) they are being blasted for, I kid you not, SIDING WITH TERRORISTS!!!

Does that not sound odd to ANYONE ELSE!?

1 comment:

  1. It seems that the Europeans have watered down the meaning and the prestige of the Nobel Prize to the same degree that the liberals seek to water down our great nation.

    ReplyDelete