Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Mosque, the Elections, and the Rising Tide of Backlash

I think I'm going to do something I don't normally do on this blog: tell everyone how I'm doing. It's been a little over three weeks, I believe, since I posted last. Reason being is because I've been trying to get other things straightened out in real life, leaving me with little time to rant and rave about Washington, Obama, the Left-Stream Media, and other such topics that make my blood boil. As such, the energy just hasn't been there.

I've heard all about every hot topic lately, from the Ground Zero Mosque, to the shit hole of an economy we're in, to the president claiming he supported the surge when he in fact did not. The good news is that I can definitely see some "green shoots" as Ben Bernanke called them, in my own life if not in the nation as a whole. My bank account has stayed in the positive for the first time in over three years, and I'm ecstatic that I'm finally going to be making money instead of spending money I don't have to cover bills, thanks to cost cutting, spending restraint, and once my fiance gets her old job back, additional income. In short, everything the left thinks won't work to save our floundering economic status in the world. Let's hope the trend continues.

And now for the weigh-ins on various topics, some of which are coming late:

1. The Mosque: As someone who has nothing but absolute contempt for the people who dared murder three thousand innocent Americans in the name of the so-called "Religion of Peace", there really is nothing for me to say on this matter other than DON'T BUILD IT! I went into this relentlessly with my aunt and a few of her fellow lefties, and was rebuffed by having my arguments dismissed as nothing more than lies and "talk radio fear mongering". Granted, it wasn't my aunt that said those things, but she does have a habit of immediately assuming that my opinions are not informed or thought out, which burns my biscuits just a bit.

2. The Elections: It's going to be a Republican landslide and the left knows it. Watching Bill, Beck, and Hannity on FOX News last night, I saw several analysis', that when taken together tell me one thing: Abandon all hope, ye who run for re-election on the Democratic or Republican Incumbent side. John McCain, so far, is the only Republican incumbent I know of who has survived his primary/re-election. Not entirely sure if he'll win his seat again, but winning the primary was a huge hurdle that he once again cleared. As for November in general, we'll see a Republican majority in one if not both houses, simply because the numbers, momentum, and public opinion are all on the Right this time around, just as they were in 1994 when Clinton governed this far to the left, and on much of the same ideas and principals. Difference? Clinton knew who signed his check and complied with the voters, if only to secure his re-election.

3. The Rising Tide of Backlash: I touched on this above, but it's not just democrats that are in trouble here. Republican establishment figures like Lindsay Graham, Olympia Snowe, and others had better watch out. This wave is crashing, and once it swallows the dem majority, if you don't learn to swim, you'll drown along with them.

4. The President and his Oval Office Address: So we're finally coming home after 9 long years bringing stability and order to the Iraqi people, after relieving them of a ruthless and bloodthirsty dictator who committed genocide against his own people with chemical weapons, kept torture chambers beneath his palace, and allowed his sons to run those chambers. I'd say, Mission Accomplished, but Mr. President, YOU didn't give us this victory. All you're doing is bringing the boys home after GWB did the dirty work for you, and after you OPPOSED the very tactics that brought us the victory you are now touting as your own. We see through it, Obi. We're not fooled, and you're a fool if you think we are.

And that, dear readers, is my rant for today. Tune in next time for another dose from the Constitutional Crusader.

Continuing to Fight the Good Fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment