Sunday, March 10, 2013

Amadonia: The Beginning

Long time no see, fellow readers. You might remember that in my last post I decided that I would take a break from politics and bad news and focus on blogging about my own hobbies, if nothing else to give you all something to read about that didn't immediately send you into the doldrums. I intend now to deliver on that promise and update you on some of the work I've been doing on my Dungeon's and Dragons campaign world, Amadonia.

It's actually been a lot of fun working on this, something of a pet project, if you will. It was inspired most recently by a friend of mine who decided to base her own game around the setting of Ancient Greece, and it has somehow become something of an ongoing pet project of hers. In addition, It's long been an aspiration of mine to create a fictional fantasy world of my own. I've made several attempts over the years, but most of them have fallen flat. This time, however, it appears to be working better than I'd hoped it would. I began with starting my own wiki over at wikispaces.com, and from there the thing has somewhat snowballed  into a full blown project. I've mapped out three of the continents on the world thus far, with at least one more needing to be finished before I can start mapping the adventure sites. Once I get at least one of them mapped out and filled with appropriate challenges, I can finally begin helping the players create characters and the game can begin.

Next time I'll go into more detail about the world itself and how it came to be. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment